Monday, November 4, 2013

Now on to beading!

The silly mean dove that pecks the little birds on the head has been mourned....now on to something more cheerful.   New beadwork!

Still Ndebele!   Here are some fairly large Ndebele cuffs using embellishment between the columns.  The gold one was fun to bead - it was a new pattern and that is always fun.  And it was a color I very rarely use and was fun for my eyes (yes, eyes can have fun, too).  And I experimented with magnetic clasps on these bracelets.   I can say that a bracelet and its magnetic clasp is soon parted.   I made a silver one and I believe it is somewhere in the Kroger parking lot, I didn't even get a picture!

Anyway - here is the gold one - it has now moved on to its forever home.  Hopefully it has a forever home now - I think bracelets with magnetic clasps are destined to be vagabonds.
 


Same pattern but in blue!  This time with *TWO* magnetic clasps.....I think it is still hanging around in the bead box....so far.
 
 
So - what is it like to work with magnetic clasps?  
 
 
 
Miserable!  They stick to each other, the bead tray, other needles jump in the fun, they wrap themselves around the pliers........Strike 2!
 



Yes.....I kept trying.......this one is snuggled in the bead box as well


The concept is good!  I hope these last 3 find their forever homes!

Meanwhile......abandoning the magnetic clasp idea - well, I didn't exact abandon it - I started gluing them together!  Now we have bangles but - at least they will stay on for sure!

Anyway - now another version of Ndebele - this one a thin pattern - I like it a lot.  This is a very nice little pattern and works up quickly if you are experience with Ndebele. I have switched to 2 clasps I very rarely use - just because the old toggle is getting really over-done!



That is all of the new bead patterns for now.  Next post will be another 'B' - to follow Birds and Beads - and my trip to see Steve and Cecily.


No comments: