Sunday, November 3, 2013

Bad news for the backyard birdies!

I know most people think of doves and think of gentle little beings......so delicate.  I, however, think of doves and immediately think - 'rotten little buggers'!   They are simply pigeons with good PR!   They swarm my backyard feeders and peck my little Chickadees and Titmouses on the head to make them leave.  And they will even intimidate the Cardinals into leaving the feeders.  No love lost here for the rotten little buggers!  But I wouldn't wish harm on the.....just wish a lot of distance from my backyard birdies.

Unfortunately, early last month I looked out of my window on my backyard oasis....here is a picture of my window on the world - I spend most of the week days sitting beside the window on the right....
 
I saw a falcon stoop on one of the brainless little doves.   I have seen it before in my backyard - it is a blur of light, an audible impact and then nothing.  The falcon strikes, grabs, and leaves just that fast.   So ...... is that snow on the ground?  Maybe gray leaves?
 

Nooooo.......

Lots of hiding places for the falcons in my backyard.....They can be up there.....



Or....maybe over there.....


RIP Mr. Dove......


No comments: