Monday, September 16, 2013

Back to Beading!

 
Well - it's not birds of prey but.......for the Beady Eyed Bunch if they are still watching this blog!
 
I made a necklace to go with the bracelet I posted in July.  The diagonal weave makes a nice necklace with some additional beads for the curve.  I hope I remember how I did this!


Good old Ndebele - a very soothing weave to work on.  Those Zulu ladies knew what they were doing when they developed this one.   With cylinder beads it makes a better bracelet than necklace.   The cylinder beads (aka Delicas) seem to pinch my neck when I have worn the one necklace I made.  But it does make a pretty necklace and a very pretty bracelet!
 
 
Finally, a new weave!  A triangle pendent on a strung beaded necklace.   A smaller version of this weave makes nice triangle earrings as well.
 
 
 
Enough excitement for now - Happy Beading!
 


No comments: