Saturday, November 16, 2013

Back to Beading! New design....or two....


I think it is something about this time of year...lots of new beading designs coming out.  Very simple and 'quick' ones, too!  Well...'quick' in beading terms can mean it only takes a week to make a piece.  These bracelets worked up pretty quickly once I learned the design and made about 4 of them. 
 
The designer, Deborah Roberti, calls them Bobble Bangles. 
 
 
 
With the holidays around the corner.....
 
 
And a straggler - I had forgotten about this guy.  This is 1/2 of a full St. Petersburg stitch - you can probably guess it is a Russian stitch.   I haven't mastered the full St. Petersburg yet and am still trying to figure out the darned pathway of the thread.   A bit complicated, those Russians.  This is the only one I have made so far.
 
 
If this was a full St. Petersburg it would have a repeat of the blue and the red on the other side of the crystal beads....I just don't know how......yet.
 

Finally, a picture that reminds me of the Princess and the Pea.......Mini, Warrior Princess, has been waiting very patiently but now wishes I would cease hunching over a beading tray and go with her to survey her kingdom and bark at squirrels.  So I am off to obey the Royal command.....but I will let her do the barking at squirrels.
 
Happy Beading!
 

No comments: