Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring in Indiana = Thunderstorms/Tornados

Some pretty intense weather Friday, March 23rd!

The storm....sky dark...taken right after it passed through - the white across the bottom of the fence is what was left of the hail that poured down on us.
Photobucket

The hail was intense - I couldn't get a picture without damaging my camera but got some of the aftermath - this isn't snow - it's hail that came off of the roof and also through the downspout.
Photobucket

This was on my deck, I looked outside and the hail was coming off of my neighbor's roof so heavily it looked like a waterfall.....
Photobucket

The squirrel's nest in the trees behind my house made it through...again. Those nests must be glued to the trees so they don't blow away!
Photobucket

One of my only 2 tulips was cut down in the prime of it's life....just sheered off by the hail, poor thing.
Photobucket

Very interesting skies after the storm passed.
Photobucket
No direct hits here in town - thank goodness! There will be another, though, there always is, as sure as there are little green apples.

No comments: