Saturday, March 24, 2012

What I saw on my walk today

First - I am struggling with learning a new computer. I now have Windows 7, quad core processor, lot of memory (8GB) and speed, the best graphics processor I could find...all good things for editing pictures. At least, I believe they will be good things. The learning curve is steep - the filing system for my programs and files is very different and I am loading my programs bit by bit. Finally loaded the photo editing program I have used for years. I do have Photoshop on this computer but I don't yet know how to use it yet so am sticking with what I know for now.

Yesterday had storms and almost-tornados here in a quiet Southern Indiana backyard. Today was beautiful and Mini took me out for a 3.7 mile hike on the walking path that runs behind my house. There were lots of Path People out and it was good to exchange greetings with Path People, and their dogs, that I haven't seen since Fall.

Our first encounter was with the horses at the therapeutic riding stables....
Photobucket

One of them thought Mini was pretty interesting and came closer for a better look. Of course, Mini, Warrior Princess, was ready to fight the horse and growled a challenge. I just have to wonder what is going through her little mind....at 7 pounds? What is she thinking?
Photobucket

It was just darn pretty out and a joy to be able to enjoy the weather and the Path People.
Photobucket

We ran into a Path Person we haven't seen since last year. I don't know the gentleman's name but Chico, his little Chihuahua, was just a puppy last Fall and had to be carried most of the way. He's not much bigger now but he scampers along on his own steam now. Such a cute guy! Of course, Mini....yes, growled a challenge. He is the only dog smaller than she is on the path...and she still wants to fight. He might weigh 3 lbs - go figure! I think he was smitten with Mini, though...I swear I saw him wink at her and call her 'Big Mama'!
Photobucket

Beautiful day, beautiful sky, beautiful trees...I hope it repeats tomorrow!
Photobucket

Tomorrow - more practice on the new 'puter with my storm pictures from yesterday. I hope.

No comments: