Wednesday, February 16, 2011

More for the Beady Eyed Bunch!

Yet another...yes, another....flat Ndebele...since this is what I will bring to our Vernal Equinox celebration I thought I'd better work the pattern up in different sized and shaped seed beads to see how that alters the effect of the Ndebele pattern.

This time I used size 10 Declias (aka cylinder beads). It makes quite a difference in the size of the piece and takes longer to finish a bracelet. But it seems more delicate....here is a picture
Photobucket

And a close up
Photobucket

I took a couple of pictures comparing the one I made with the size 8 hex beads and the size 10 delicas - quite a difference!
Photobucket
Photobucket

I am now working on a bracelet using size 8 round seed beads. I can already tell the geometric pattern has been pretty blunted, not sure I like it but I will post it here when I finish. Size 8 is pretty big so it will go quickly. Watch this space!

Happy Beading!

No comments: