Friday, February 11, 2011

For the Beady Eyed Bunch - Ndebele, again

This is the last of the 3 designs I wanted to make. It is round Ndebele with size 8 seed beads and size 11 triangles.
Photobucket

It is big - very big! Probably about a 9 inch bracelet. I was making the 18 inch necklace but got tired of it and ended it early! The stich is very simple, this one has the addition of a triangle bead between the size 8 seed beads. It is about 3/8ths inch in diameter. It is a big and fat bracelet!
I like the first picture - I took it outside today in the cold morning sun. It made pretty colors in the beads. I took it really fast and ran back inside.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

The closure is a toggle - which would have worked very well for a necklace, not sure how it will do as a bracelet. I wore it for a little while today and the toggle held well.
Photobucket

I am now beading the flat Ndebele and the round twisted Ndebele in a couple of different size beads. I will let you know how they come out. Bonani and I have pretty much decided that it would be best to teach the flat Ndebele at the Beady Eyed Beaders Vernal Equinox Celebration! It is easy and once you learn Ndebele you can make any of the designs.

Happy Beading!

No comments: