Friday, July 23, 2010

More Beady-Eyed Bunch!

I gave up on the daisy chain. I finally figured it out, figured out how to make the little 's' curves...then decided it just wasn't fun. Using 4 lb test Fireline did help keep the tension, though.
Here are two pictures of the remnants....it's over to the Beady-Eyed bunch if someone wants to take it the rest of the way.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

I did a few other pieces....I think there is a turquoise theme running through here!
Photobucket

Photobucket

And, finally, a brand new stitch to me - the Huichol style net weave. I have tried to puzzle this out from a Huichol bracelet I have with no success. Finally found a simple pattern on bead-patterns.com. It still took me a couple of days to be able to read that pattern but....it's almost done - going to put on one of these buttons for the clasp, probably the one with the black stone in the middle. Will do a black and silver peyote loop for the button, probably. I used 4 lb test Fireline again because this is such a soft weave, I needed the extra help with the tension.

Photobucket
Photobucket

But, still, it isn't what I am looking for in a necklace - it is too wide. I used 11's. I am going to try it in 15's - I think that will be the right width for what I want. Of course, it may take the rest of the year!

Happy Beading!

No comments: