Sunday, July 25, 2010

Back to plants

It occured to me that the hosta flowers look a lot like my lilly flowers - but in a flatter way.

Photobucket

Then I looked over to see this pretty bud - I've never gotten this close to the flowers as they bud. They dry out so quickly it's hard to catch them this pretty.
Photobucket

More flowers....meanwhile, the Savserveria (aka Snake Plant, Mother-in-Law's tongue) has finally bloomed. It's not very exciting, it's not a splashy bloom and as they propagate from sending out suckers underground I am not completely certain why it would bloom at all.
Photobucket

My little alien lady who lives in there doesn't know what the fuss is all about, she is much more colorful! I can't argue with that.
Photobucket

The happy Bubba the Bird and plant corner where they all live!
Photobucket

Bubba gets some sunlight from the skylight. It doesn't last long but he enjoys it. He usually keeps a very close eye, his head cocked sideways with one eye toward the skylight, for eagles and other predators that want to eat little green birds. Sometimes I watch with him for awhile. It seems like we share a moment when all birds (big and human as well as little and green)are watching for predators!

No comments: