Monday, July 26, 2010

For the Beady-Eyed Bunch

I just have to wonder if I have reached a new high, or maybe low, in tedious needlework. Here is the completed Huichol Net Weave bracelet - finished in size 11's and with the clasp finished. I have started on the necklace in size 15's - a strip of it is right above the bracelet.
Photobucket

Size 11's are small enough but the 15's make them look like boulders! It actually goes pretty quickly and is a very simple weave. Need good tension, though. Fireline would be the best.
Photobucket
You might notice one side of the silver border is missing - I will add that when the piece is completed. Don't know why they do it that way but that's the way the pattern runs. Yep - made a mistake there in the middle of the bracelet with the little turquoise X's. By the time I noticed it I wasn't going to go back and correct it. So it will just add the the 'charm' of the piece!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do you have instructions on how to do huichol. I've been looking everywhere.