Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Gratitude - the lights are back on!

Two days with no electricity certainly makes one grateful for city water (don't need electricity for a well pump) and a gas hot water heater. Power was back on when I came home this evening - and I am so happy to see the lights and hear that a/c.
Losing power in August has happened two years in a row. Last year I lost power for 3 or 4 days. Seriously thinking about a generator for next year. My little supply of 'hockey puck lights' worked very well - scatter about 6 of those in a bathroom and there is enough light for that wonderful shower and quite a nice ambiance. It isn't so convenient to try to stick them to your forehead so you can read, however. I stopped by Gander Mountain and got a headlamp to use to read the next time this happens. Good idea, Little Brother!
I am happy I didn't get a tree through my roof and that I am not under water like the folks in Brown County so I am counting myself lucky this time.
And another lucky event - I had gotten my friend, Karen, a battery powered fan but kept forgetting to give it to her. Imagine the joy when I spotted it and enough D batteries to power it! Made it much easier to sleep last night. Sorry, Karen. You aren't ever getting this fan!

No comments: