Saturday, August 8, 2009

Beady-Eyed Buddy in CA!

Chrystine has joined our Beady-Eyed Bunch virtually. In theory, anyway. We are working on figuring out how to create virtual participation in an activity that is customarily an intimate group activity. Compared to a 'quilting bee' only this is a 'beading bee'! Lots of social support and enjoyment and sharing happen in our Beady-Eyed Bunch lunch gatherings. So very nice - not to mention that we make really cool stuff and just can't admire each other's creations enough. Does it get any better than that?

Chrystine has been working on the bumps-in-the-road pattern developed by Bev Hermann in New Orleans. She sent a picture of it and, obviously, has done an excellent job of it. She is a skilled needle worker and I know she is a quilter as well as other creative activities.

It is such a shame we don't have one of those Star Trek transporters - it would be so nice to have her smiling face and wonderful energy actually present in our group. She would fit right in. She did make the mistake of adding me to her Facebook friends so I grabbed her picture to post here. It is such a cool picture - I don't know how or when it was taken but I believe that is either her hubby or a random passer-by. I'm betting it's her hubby. I like this picture because her expression is how she appears in my mind when I think about her - her sense of humor and enjoyment is right there near the surface, just waiting the chance to pop out. Whoever that stranger is in the picture obviously feels the same way. Now - the challenge, Chrystine, is to send us a picture of the completed piece!! Most of the Beady-Eyed Bunch are very disciplined and finish the project they start before going on to the next. I think Chrystine might be more like me and have lots of projects going at the same time. Don't know what that says about us but at the very least - we know we like variety!

No comments: