Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Change

I will be changing roles at work next week. Change can be exciting or can be very difficult. This was one of the difficult days. As I heard someone say last week - I love my job, I love the people I do it with, and I love the way we do it. We certainly have created an effective organization over the last 3 years. Often the path was not smooth but we worked together to overcome obstacles and meet the objectives we were set. We have met them very well and have been very successful. It is now time for a change on my part now. Today was a day of celebrating our success and looking forward to continued success for my 'peeps'. It is very difficult to leave them and I hope I have left them in good hands. If they continue to work together as we have the past 3 years I know they will be able overcome any obstacles that might threaten what we have built.
But on to the pictures. What a surprise it was today! I knew we were having lunch but, oh my goodness, what creativity went into the surprise.

Liz was the Mastermind! She may be small but she carries big creativity! What a treasure she is.
And then the cake! There was a lot, a whole lot, of cake eaten today.
I am not sure but I believe the masterminds of this cake are admiring their work. Thank you Eyvette and Fragilia. They have spent much time creating an atmosphere of enjoyment and fun while we work as well as boosting our morale. Bonani (one half of the two princesses) - what a shot! Wonderful, Bonani! I love it. Darn that salad was good!
Both princesses.....we don't miss many opportunities to ham it up! In fact, if there is a camera most of us will be trying to get in front of it!
And we think we are so funny!
But not original - I couldn't resist. Sorry, Kesha!
What a wonderful group of people there - somewhat demented but wonderful Thank you all - so very much. You just can't be replaced in my heart. What will I do without you?

No comments: