Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Lazy Days of Summer and tomatoes!

Summer has been quiet and Mini is taking a snooze. Still in her post as neighborhood watch-Chihuahua but all is quiet for now.


And the tomatoes continue to grow in the summer - I am so happy they are getting big. Now if only they will get red! The stem split at the base in a thunderstorm but the tomatoes have not seemed to mind it. I now realize why people tie them up or put them inside cages. I will remember to do that next summer. For now - she is tied to the porch light with blue yarn.
I have high hopes. At least I am not fighting the birds for them like Bob is. I believe that Mini and Rocky are hoping the birds will come down to play with them. I think that the birds may be smarter than that. I think.

And one picture of this morning's backyard - early when the sun was coming up. I will want to look at this when the snow starts piling up back there and I am shoveling the yard because Mini simply won't 'go' anywhere else but in the backyard!

No comments: