Monday, July 13, 2009

Parts fell off of my truck!

Well - this was a first. I have never had this happen before. I pulled my truck out of the garage and heard a big thump/clunk. I backed up a litte bit, noticed the power steering was gone. I kind of thought that when this happens to a computer we re-boot. So I turned it off and back on. Still no steering. Thought I would back up a little more....just to see if it came back on. And saw the parts laying on the driveway! Of course, I had to take a picture of it...
I sent the pictures to Bob who told me they are the idler pulley and the spring 'thingy' that keeps the tension on the serpentine belt. Who knew?! Thank goodness for Bob! BTW - it is 117 degress at 6 p.m. AZ time and in the shade. He says it is a little warmish down there!
And here is her first tow....there she goes, brave little truck! 9 years old and 160,000 miles...she just looks so small up there... Wish I would have washed her this weekend like I had intended to.
bye-bye...

No comments: