Monday, June 1, 2009

Today's Garden Party

My last day of PTO - it's back to Indy I drive tomorrow! I am sorry it is over but I did get quite a bit done. Not as much as I had planned, though. My eyes are always bigger than my stomach - at least that is what my Grandpa Leuschner used to tell me.

Putting these hostas in was a lot of work. There were 3 from the last year or two but the rest I put in this weekend. And laid the black plastic. My theory is that this will keep the poison ivy back in the woods where it belongs and make a nice border under the trees. I am looking forward to seeing how well it does. I have never used plastic, usually use landscape cloth. The afternoon sun hits this area and it was hot both days! Of course, I don't leap out of bed early in the morning to do this - I wait until it is 90 with the sun beating on me in the afternoon. Sure does make that shower feel good!


I made a little flower bed for my sweet grass, chives, basil, and lavender. I wonder who will survive the winter? The daylillies to the side are ones I moved from a neighbor's to my yard last fall (with their permission). And the grass I moved from the front of my house to the back 2 years ago. My plants need to be on roller skates - they can be moved at any time! The fence is there to keep Rocky from giving it his 'attention'
The Russian Sage I planted wasn't as lucky - Rocky christened it right away! But, being Russian, it is probably pretty hardy.
That is all for now - back to work tomorrow!


No comments: