Saturday, September 15, 2012

New Beady Eyed Beaders!

July was a busy month.  I managed to convince Diedre and her two beautiful daughters, Olivia and Lauren, to come to Bloomington to do a little Beady Eyed beading!   As it has been quite some time since the Beady Eyed Beaders have gathered I was pretty happy to have them come down and I got to do a little teaching. 
First - they had to chose which stitch they wanted to learn.  I gave them the choice of one of the first 2 stitches I learned in 1986 and taught to me by my dear friend, Carol Wilson, in Kotzebue, Alaska!
I decided to make a couple of collages (because I found an app for that) to assist their decision making process:
Will they pick Daisy Chain? Or will they pick the Chevron stitch? Photobucket Photobucket

They chose the Chevron and I got busy trying to figure out where I was going to set up in my little 800 square feet! I finally picked under the skylight in the living room so Bubba the Bird wouldn't feel left out.
Photobucket

Here are our examples and a couple of beginner kits and we are ready to go!

Photobucket

Mini jumped in to supervise picking their colors

Photobucket

Ready to go! Photobucket

Some seriousl beading going on here....
Photobucket

And then some not so serious beading..wonderful picture of Lauren BeadingDiedre7

We stop for a little food Photobucket


And a final group picture before they took their beadwork home to complete ...Olivia and Rocky, Me and Bubba the Bird, Lauren and Mini.
Photobucket

No final pictures of their creations yet but....watch this space! It was wonderful to have them here - I am hoping to talk them into learning the Christmas earrings next! All of the Beady Eyed Beaders remember the Christmas Earrings!

No comments: