Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Birdy Conflict!

I am amazed at the sudden amount of birdy activity and quite short tempers. Boy Cardinals are zooming back and forth in my Quiet Southern Indiana Backyard, running into each other. The feeder is overwhelmed by all types of birds and I have to refill it every other day. The Red-Winged Blackbirds just batter everyone else off of the feeder when they land. The suet feeder is a big draw with Downy Woodpeckers, Red-Bellied Woodpeckers, and Tufted Titmice (Titmouses?), and others jumping back and forth between the suet and the seed feeder.
A Lady Cardinal is most upset about someone messing up the feeder! Photobucket

This big fellow has been chasing the litle guys off and gobbling up their seeds! Poor little Chickadees! Photobucket

Lady Cardinal is obviously getting madder. I am glad I am not a Red-Bellied Woodpecker messing up her seeds. Photobucket

I believe he has gotten the hint...checking to see if she is on the other side of the feeder!
Woodpecker-1

And stay out!!!
CardinalLady3-1

No comments: