Monday, April 23, 2012

Lotus Pond Dedication

A lot of work has gone on out at the Tibetan Center creating a Lotus Pond. One of the members of the sangha (aka group of buddhists, kind of like a congregation kind of) David and his son have been working on it and stage one is finished and dedicated by the Rinpoche and other monks. Since I have been admiring the work for months and enjoyed the lilly pads and the nice pond to walk around I met Deb and George over there to be a part of it and, of course, to take pictures!

LotusPond2-1

LotusPond3

LotusPond4

Photobucket

And the path around the pond looks wonderful.  I wonder how they did this?  Can I do this in my back yard?  Is it hard? Of course it is hard - it took a troop of Boy Scouts working on their Eagle Scout to do it. I wonder if they are for rent? I wonder if I could convince them that my litle backyard is really an extension of the Lotus Pond?

PhotobucketLotuspath2

This is a picture taken after the monks have made the dedication, David is standing on the bridge he architected (I know that's not a word) and built. The island is to the left. Photobucket

And a nice stroll past the cabins in a very nice wooded area! There are 4 of them and they are for rent should you ever get the urge for peace and serenity, very nice and kind people, and a beautiful setting....right next to a Lotus Pond in progress!

Photobucket

No comments: