Sunday, January 22, 2012

I caught Bird Fever!

Photobucket

Patty and Rose gave me a bird feeder and pole for Christmas. Looking back, I can see their diabolical plot, although I was just an innocent at the time. I did hear them laugh and mutter 'the first one is free'.
Looking back to July, 2010, I can see where they set their plan to capture their next vitim by flashing shiny safflower seeds, making wild promises of Cardinals flocking to my back yard, lots of Cardinals! I have the proof, too. Innocent that I was, I took a picture of Pusher Patty and her 'wares'....
Photobucket

To show you how fast the addiction progresses.....I now have a taller pole, two suet cages, and a truck bed full of bird food. I have no need of sand in the back of my truck for winter driving, I have 2 big plastic boxes. One is filled with food for big birds and Cardinals, the other....devoted to the little birds and filled with thistle. Lots of thistle.
I sneak around, sitting very still with my finger on the shutter button....trying to shoot through a window and screen! How far and how quickly we fall.
Photobucket

Like heroin, I have to maintain a supply of my addictive substance. I have to fight other addicted beings ...here is a picture of my new competitor for Birdy Love! The rotten squirrel is sitting on a pole, waiting patiently......
Photobucket
I am watching you, Squirrel!!!
And I have greased the bird feeder pole with 1/8 inch of vaseline! That took care of the little buggers. They easily shinnied up the pole and ate my bird seed. Not any more....Fie on thee, Squirrel!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Some of my new best friends. I don't really know what they are but I get even with Patty by sending her instant messages and texts about what I am seeing and asking her what kind of birds those are. She is getting desperate, suggesting that I get a bird book. Hah!!! Not likely. She must pay for this!
The little green ones kind of look like malformed parakeets, the other one has pretty rose colors on him/her.
Photobucket
The Cardinals do visit, lots of lady Cardinals visit. And sometimes the feeder is just one big pile of birds. Until Squirrel makes his appearance.
Now, of course, I have my camera on a tripod on my desk, next to the window....waiting for that next shot! I need a better webcam, I am sure of it. My video is too indistinct, to feed my addiction I am now cruising bird cam websites, trying to see what they are using!
Thank you, Patty and Rose!

No comments: