Sunday, January 29, 2012

Bird visitors

The problem with taking pictures of birds is that one picture will pretty much do for all of them! One individual seems to pretty much look like another individual to me. At this point at least. However, I did get pictures of 2 more visitors to a quiet backyard in Southern Indidan.
Photobucket

A woodpecker has found the suet. Actually two of them, this is - I think - a red bellied woodpecker. It doesn't ahve a red belly so I am not sure about that. I am still resisting a bird book, preferring to bug Patty. The other woodpecker is a black and white one, litle guy, maybe a downey woodpecker, have not yet been able to capture a picture of him/her.

While my Cardinal guy here is a gorgeous color, he is not quite in focus. He will have to do, though, since I have plenty of pictures of lady Cardinals but the guys don't seem to be frequent visitors yet. I am still trying for a sharply focused picture of a Cardinal guy! Difficult for me in the best of times but a challenge is always good.
Photobucket

No comments: