Monday, November 14, 2011

For the Beady-Eyed Bunch!

The Beady-Eyed Bunch continues in the planning process of our next gathering. So far we have settled on an undisclosed location at an undisclosed date and time.
Meanwhile, acknowledging my poverty of earrings, I have been working on a couple of new designs. Here are the first two of the 'shield' earrings. I used 11 cylinder beads (Delicas) which makes these about 2 inches long before I put on the wire. I will make some in size 15 cylinder beads next. I think I can also make them smaller by eliminating some rows.
Meanwhile - first efforts!
Photobucket
Photobucket
I used Fireline (yes, the fishing line for those of you who are non-beaders) for the green ones and then switched to regular Nymo nylon for the black/tan ones. It made a huge difference! The tension is much tighter for the green ones and more of a cone shape happened.
Photobucket
The black and tan ones have a much softer shape, not quite as 'humpy' which also made them wider.
Photobucket
That's all for now - I will make one pair of smaller ones and then switch to another pattern. I think the shield earrings will also look good in regular seed beads so I will try one of those for comparison before our gathering.
What do you think, Beady-Eyed Bunch? Ndebele bracelet or earrings?! Your choice.

No comments: