Friday, October 7, 2011

Learning the macro function on my camera

Taking advantage of the beautiful Fall colors to learn how to use the macro function on this new camera. There are 4 macro functions - I don't understand them yet but so far so good.
Found a Bradford Pear Tree leaf on the ground - using macro 1. Frankly, I had never observed the pattern and colors in these leaves - I just admire the total effect on our trees in the Fall. But here it is...
Photobucket

Getting closer - macro 2!
Photobucket

The little leaf traveled to the deck to see how it looked there. It was much easier to take a picture of it on the deck railing than to hover over it in wet grass in full view of the neighbors.
Photobucket

Now I am sneaking up on the Russian Sage plant in my backyard....
I am not sure this is in macro - but I think it is macro 1.
Photobucket

This is definitely macro 2 - my lens is almost touching the little Russian Sage flower. Even with my glasses I can't see this close so I am glad to have the picture! The little flower looks like an Iris or an Orchid flower! Who knew?
Photobucket

No comments: