Sunday, August 8, 2010

For the Beady-Eyed Bunch

This is the last of the completed pieces for awhile. Some others are in the process of being started but nothing underway yet!

Starting with yet more Huichol net weave!! This one turned out well, I'm trying to work with purple and it's hard.
Photobucket

I tried to get a different look to the loop that goes around the button and it actually worked! For a change. This weave has a very soft 'hand' and I am trying to give it more structure. Not perfect but better than I thought it would come out. And very easy to get on and off but won't fall off.
Photobucket

And more purple - this time in a crocheted piece. When I do crocheted patterns I have to string it all up in a certain order. This is considered a pattern.
Photobucket

And I finished up several crocheted pieces this afternoon. They were beaded into long tubes over the last couple of weeks and just need to be fastened together in a circle - much harder than you would think! I can still ruin the entire piece if I don't get it right. I still have trouble with joining them.
The mixes are commercially prepared mixes so I just use the bead spinner, spin a lot of beads up and mindlessly crochet as I watch TV or on the phone or am in conference calls. Once you finally learn this technique it is good for keeping your hands busy but doesn't need thought. Somehow is easier to concentrate on the information in a conference call and actually remember it if I can do something with my hands!

In no particular order....

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


Happy Beading!

No comments: