Friday, July 9, 2010

What I did on vacation...

Sadly, the mold did not get washed off of the house. And Bubba was so very relieved that his home was not disrupted for a good scrubbing. However, I am very proud to say that I did get my office mucked out, the cell blind hung - all by myself and without the proper sized drill bit! I really like these blinds, I replaced one of those aluminum mini-blinds that gets all dusty. These are very light weight and raise all the way to the top. Some of them will lower from the top or the bottom. I think I will get one of those next.

I know it isn't as neat and tidy as some would have it but - it's probably as neat and tidy as I ever get! My desk, with the nicely hung (and perfectly hung) cell blind. Apparently I've lost most of my drill bits so I improvised a combintion of a drill bit too small, then piloting a hole with a larger nail, then pushing really hard to get the screws in! It worked.
Photobucket

Office/Guest Bedroom. I have picture-hanging anxiety (should be a disorder in DSM-V) so I decided to just nail them up wherever I could find a place for them. Can't wait to see what Cecily thinks of them! I'm kind of liking the variety.
Photobucket

My $25 Walmart bookcase went together very easily and is actually very nice. I have my pamphlets stacked on it and have now gotten them out of my living room.
Photobucket

I was up early-ish the next morning, admiring my perfectly level blind
Photobucket

And my most precious - the poster my wonderful crew did before I left - I cried a little when I hung it up and re-read everything. I really did. I wanted to wave back to everyone! Just awesome - thank you, thank you so much! I miss you, too! Every single one of you!
Photobucket

Of course, I had company while cleaning out the office and hanging pictures..... my ever present little Chihuahua girl...Mini. I looked at the bottom of one of the pictures and what did I see?

Whatcha doing?
Photobucket
Can I do it, too?
Photobucket

No comments: