Friday, March 19, 2010

Preparing for the Beady-Eyed Bunch Celebration of the Vernal Equinox

We are all heading to Peggy's house in Indianapolis tomorrow for the first annual celebration of the vernal equinox that occurs at 13:32 tomorrow! Beads will be beaded, gossip will be shared, food will be consumed...and - yes - pictures will be taken! I am taking 2 batteries with me just in case.
I will take this necklace with me for 'show and tell' - there will be a lot of show and tell! I did this just for the Beady-Eyed Bunch gathering. It is another very easy one but only really looks good in size 8's. I tried it in size 11's and it was just.....'wonky' is the only word that comes to mind.

Photobucket
A heart for my Beady-Eyed Friends!
And some close ups in case someone wants a better look:
Photobucket
Photobucket

Now for the really new design! I finally broke down and have started a Cellini spiral - it is just a variation of a peyote tube, even count, but with different sized beads. I have wanted to learn this for quite some time but never had the motivation - so I started it now so I could show off! No - I didn't put the colors and beads together - puhlease, that's not my talent at all! I bought a kit from FusionBeads.com - it would take me years to put all of this together. I started it last night, not sure if I have done it correctly, only time and more beads will tell. Here is everything on the little traveling beading tray I will be taking with me tomorrow:
Photobucket
And here is a close up of the critter itself - I have about 11 rounds done at this point:
Photobucket
Peggy is making Tiramisu and Vicki is bringing Buffalo Wing Dip...Awesome!

No comments: