Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Spring - is it you?

Photobucket
Is this a wonderful sight!?
For those of you who have worked with me - Ruth was my preceptor during my orientation to my new position. Yes, she was the poor soul that was inflicted with trying to teach me my new role and the many, many, many intricacies I needed to learn. And you know how 'wonderful' my memory is! (I just felt Peggy and Anthony cringe).
Photobucket
She has been so very kind during the last several months - I became ill almost immediately upon orientation and then had surgery only 6 weeks later, all the while my father was in and out of the hospital. Bless her heart, she did her best to pour information into my head so I would have a chance at success. She sent these flowers today as a kindness and rememberance of my father. How wonderful to receive a breath of fresh air in the middle of our difficult winter.
Photobucket
Most of you are thinking that Ruth really deserves a medal of honor, or perserverence...or a medal of patience! That's it - I know I use up a lot of patience and tolerance. Fortunately, Ruth kept me and I was able to pass orientation. I wanted to share her flowers with you - those of us in the North can sure use these pictures to help us remember that there will be warmer winds, smells of the earth thawing out and more flowers (and maybe a few tomatoes) growing soon.
Photobucket
Thank you, Ruth....from all of us!

No comments: