Monday, November 23, 2009

Intergalactic Bead Show....

Peggy, Laura, and I took a road trip to Cincinnati to visit the Intergalactic Bead Show, have lunch, and then do a little shopping at Jungle Jim's.

Rikki was there to see us off. You may remember Rikki - the bead needle eating kitty cat that lived! Peggy has told the tail and even has the evidence - triple bagged.

Photobucket
You were one lucky cat, Rikki!

No pictures of the show itself but, wouldn't you know, Laura won a door prize! A very fine lampworked bead. The very first one called. The announcer was a little surprised that Peggy and I ran up there and took pictures. I wonder if my SiL can make those! A picture of the lucky winner!

And now a picture of her win - thanks to Peggy's photography talents! Yes, I was trying to steal it but with no luck.

Perusing our purchases over lunch....
Photobucket

Photobucket
Peggy modeling some very fine beads she had purchased - the tiny little ones. Can't wait to see the completed piece. If I am lucky she will let me post a picture of it here.

Photobucket
Then off to Jungle Jim's
Photobucket

And Laura adds her picture in the potty to those of Peggy, Vicki, and I!
Photobucket
So we celebrated....we really should have taken that lady up on her offer to take a picture of all 3 of us in the potty!
Photobucket
We got a lot of good things to eat and drink and then headed back to Indy where Rikki welcomed us home - pretty much in the same spot where we left her. I wonder if she was wondering if had purchased any needles for her.

Photobucket
Such a good idea, Peggy. Thank you for organizing these trips. We missed you, Vicki. I hoope some of the rest of you can join us next time!

No comments: