Sunday, November 22, 2009

Beady-Eyed Bunch!

Thank you, Bonani! Below are some of the pictures Bonani sent me of two new stitches she learned from kits. I wish I could remember where she said she got the kits - I would like to learn the one with the pearls. The spiral stitch looks perfect and I am tickled Bonani has gotten the knack of teaching herself new stitches! It's not easy to puzzle through a new pattern, is it? But it sure keeps you moving right along.

BTW - I learned something new - Bonani sent these pictures to me through Skype. And I actually managed to find them in my files about about 30 minutes of looking. But I will get quicker. I wasn't sure how they would post here but I think it does well.


First her spiral - very well done:

Next, a very nice new stitch - I would like to try it with smaller pearls or other rounds....maybe some 4mm beads that I got from Bead Angels in Broad Ripple. And I might use 14 seed beads around them instead of 11's. Maybe turquoise 4mm rounds with silver seeds. Maybe. I hope Bonani remembers to send me the pattern! (hint, hint)
I asked her to try it as a choker and it looks terrific. Looks like you get to teach a new stitch, Bonani!

Skype is just the coolest - I grabbed this screen shot off of skype when Bonani tried the necklace on as a choker.

No comments: