Sunday, July 19, 2009

For the Beady-Eyed Bunch!

I thought I would put up a picture of a 'fix' for the Bumps in the Road bracelet (or necklace). If it seems like your loop is too big or the piece falls off your wrist, then you can add another row - or two - of peyote to the inside. The matte red and gold loop below has the regular number of rows, the blue and silver has one row added. Now that I look at it in macro I see that I also need to add another size 8 bead to the side of the loop to obtain symmetry. I am still fascinated with the crocheted bead stitch. I did learn to connect them with an invisible join but now I have forgotten how to do that. So I have saved the tubes so I can do a lot at once. After all, repetition repetition is the key to learning!
Thought you might like to see what I have been working on. One day this will pass and I will be on to the next new stitch.
The safety pins are there to keep it from unraveling until I finish it. It can unravel very quickly and very easily until the ends are finished. It is so sad when that happens and it has happened several times.
This is the one I am working on now. I don't think you can go wrong with silver and turquoise. I will make a 'bead' out of the matter silver and wrap it around the piece when it is done.

No comments: