Sunday, February 9, 2014

Now THIS is snow!

I thought I would find some of my pictures from the mid 1980's when I lived in Kotzebue, AK.   I recalled digging Lynne out of her apartment in the mornings and then continuing on to work on her 4-wheeler.

Lynne called me when it looked like this on the inside....

 
Because she knew it would look like this on the outside and who wants all the snow falling in their home?
 
Shovel thoughtfully at the ready, I would walk over to dig her out...
 
The wind blows so hard and long up there that the snow packs into huge drifts - very solid.  We would just climb up the drift, slide down the other side and Lynne would take us to work!
 
 
We get by with a little help from our friends!   And I was so happy to not have to walk to work.  Thanks, Lynne!
 
Meanwhile - here is an arial of Kotz that I took from a bush plane when flying back in one time.
 
So - nah - this snow isn't bad!  But I do miss Lynne!!!
 



No comments: