Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Snowsnowsnowsnow

It is a little after 11:00 a.m. EST, we have been getting about 2 inches of snow/hour but it looks light it might lighten up for a bit. The worst of the weather is supposed to be between 1:00 and 3:00 p.m. So - well, we have something to look forward to! I still have electric! Hooray!

The bird feeders were frozen and covered with snow this morning. The cardinals, finches, junkos, were digging their little hearts out and getting no where! So I put on my snow boots and waded out to change feeders. But, first, of course, some pictures. I have others but these will do for now. The feeders are in a place that has been kind of protected from the wind so they are wearing little snow caps.

The snow is beautiful and heavy on the branches. I didn't want to get my camera too wet so didn't stay out too long. Maybe after 3 the snow will stop and we will get some good light and I can take some more. Or maybe the branches will start breaking off under the weight. One or the other...







No comments: