Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bird Spring!

There is a lot of strange birdy activity going on out there!

Mr and Mrs Red Breasted Grossbeak have stopped by on their way to breeding grounds in Northern IndianaMr Grossbeak was posing for his pictures:MrRedthroatedGrossbeakMrRedthroatedGrossbeak5
Here is Mrs Grossbeak....very pretty as well, beautiful markings, but quite different from Mr Grossbeak
MrsRedthroatedGrossbeak2
Downey Woodpecker has decided to abandon the suet he has loved so much and 'Dude, I can see myself in this shiny thing!' Cardinal boy isn't quite sure what to make of this
P4302638
A Red Winged Blackbird stops by to announce his presence
Redwingblackbird-1

And Mr and Mrs Cardinal start arguing...perhaps because Mr Cardinal was too close to Mrs Grossbeak? I think there might be baby cardinals sometime soon.
Arguingcardinals
Everyone gets down to the business of emptying my birdfeeder! I have had to fill it every other day, now it looks like I will have to fill it every day. Mr Woodpecker (I've renamed him Narcissis) is still admiring his reflection. These guys need to get jobs!
Woodpecker-cardinals

No comments: