Saturday, March 3, 2012

Frank Lloyd Wright Bird

Yes, I believe - this bird was designed, and perhaps built, by Frank Lloyd Wright....who knew?! But we are just an hour away from Columbus, IN, famous for it's FLW architecture and, therefore, a possiblity.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Patty told me the bird had nothing to do with FLW but was a Nuthatch. I like my original version better. However, he/she has nothing over the Finches! This Finch is like Mini - 10 foot tall, bullet proof, and telling the FLW bird to get lost or he'll pull his face off!
Photobucket
That was new bird #1

New bird #2! A Carolina Wren, trying to peer around the lady Cardinal.
Photobucket

New bird #3....new birds....a whole swooping bunch of new birds....dive bombing the suet. I didn't know what to think although, as you should know by now, I always take the opportunity to bug Patty since this is all her fault. Apparently, these are the lowly Starling!
Photobucket
I don't think they care what you call them, just don't call them late for dinner! They are bold guys!

We finally had a snowy day a couple of weeks ago, maybe 1 of 2 this year!
Photobucket
Cardinal boy didn't like it - said his butt was cold!
Photobucket

The rosy Finch said he was smaller and his butt was colder! I know this isn't a good picture - what I would have given if rosy Finch was in focus! But I wanted to continue the 'cold butt' theme so I had to use the picture. I don't have a clue why the focus is behind my little fellow - I had the focus right on him! Oh well.
Photobucket
Honestly, I don't know how the little birds stayed warm with their tiny little bodies and tiny little feet. Even considering increased circulation and BMR! Seems like they would freeze through in minutes. Not like my well-insulated self! I would last a long time!

No comments: