Saturday, August 6, 2011

For the Beady Eyed Bunch

Ndebele....still Ndebele. Since the Beady-Eyed Bunch has settled on round Ndebele for our next gathering I decided to do a little practice. The round stitch isn't hard, a little harder than flat but quickly learned. It's the completion of the darned thing that is tricky! I gave the 'invisible join' another go. I hadn't made a perfect one yet so decided to use size 10 Delicas - they are bigger and I can get to the join faster! I finished this one in the middle of July and have been just looking at it for the last several weeks.....after all of that work I still have one more chance to ruin it with the join!
Photobucket
I took a picture of it today - before I started the join. At least I would have the memory of it if my attempt didn't work!
It has been looking at me....I have been looking at it....finally I brewed a strong cup of coffee then got out the instructions and gave it yet another try. It's hard - at least for me. The instructions take you step by step but I get lost somewhere in there. I look forward to one of the Beady Eyed Beaders clarifying things for me!

So ------ did I manage to make the perfect join?


Photobucket
Happy Days!!!! And the sun broke through the clouds and shined on me and my new creation! Whew! Bonani - please tell me again about these crazy ladies? How did they ever come up with such a stitch!? And they are Zulu? I sure would like to talk to one!
A close up:
Photobucket

And yet another project finished today - this is just a simple stitch...very simple...very boring...OMG, so boring...tri-stitch but it makes a nice and simple necklace.
Photobucket
A dear friend of mine has admired the bead - she said it looked like metal. So it might make it's way to her house.
Photobucket

That is all for now! Happy Beading!

No comments: