Friday, July 22, 2011

Back to flowers!

It is still summer and the flowers are still growing - as hot as it has been.

A beautiful cone flower, native to Indiana no less! And, if not native, at least not invasive.
Photobucket

The hostas put out their buds waiting to burst into a stalk of flowery bells
Photobucket
This is my best shot ever of a hosta bud, I don't think I will ever see one as pretty as this one.

Beautiful buttery yellow Day Lillies....Not Stella d'Oros but a much more softer yellow, kind of apricot-ish.
Photobucket

Back around to the backyard to see how the flower beds are doing - this is Mini and Rocky's eye-view of the gate to the backyard. I am starting to move some hostas back there in anticipation of creating a gravel walkway with pavers....my gate is propped open by a good specimen of quartzsite from.....Quartzsite, AZ! As I left my friends (Bob and Debbie) place in 2002 Bob tossed it in the back of my truck. So nice to have it around to feel closer to them! And to keep the gate propped open. Photobucket

And the gosh darn flower beds I have been working on for the last 5 years! They are starting to mature - finally! I have planted 2 Korean Spice Bushes (vibirnum) in front of the a/c - those two tiny little bushes. And my coin grass is growing nicely to hide the horrid box o' wood fence built on the other side of mine!
Photobucket





Ahhhhhh.....summertime....

No comments: