Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ugly, icy, ugly and icy.....

Thought I would get this posted before I lose power! The big storm is due in sometime this afternoon. The trees are coated with ice and drooping over the powerlines. It won't take much wind for them to topple on over and we are supposed to get 35 mph winds.
There just isn't anything pretty about this!
Photobucket

Or this....
Photobucket

My neighbor's tree, the one the cardinals like to nest in. It would sparkle if there was any sunshine....but ain't seen no sunshine!
Photobucket

And my grass is so depressed it is just leaning it's head over the fence...
Photobucket

I have been here before several times - living in amongst the trees is wonderful but the power has gone out on several occasions. So I brought out all of my various lanterns, radios, hurricane lamps (I got the oil lamps when I lived in south Georgia and we really did use them when hurricanes took out our power)...added some of the new Starbuck's instant coffee and my propane stove. I have plenty of fruit, muffins, and other things to eat that don't require heat. Bubba's travel cage all ready in case I have to find somewhere warm for the little 18 year old parrot!
Photobucket

For the next cold weather power outage I think I will get some battery powered boot warmers and put on the bottom of the pan below Bubba's cage....then wrap the whole thing in a garbage bag! I think that will work for him.
but - until then...
Photobucket

No comments: