Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Dawn on Halloween....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Next - for the Beady-Eyed Bunch!
Beading class.....I am taking a beading class from Russ Ellis. In July I posted the beautiful beaded Thankas that he did that hang in the temple in the Tibtan Cultural Center. It has been a long long time since I have done any flat beadwork, sometimes called bead embroidery. However, taking a class with Russ is one of those opportunities that rarely ever come along so I am taking advantage of it!

This is what I am working on - is is about a 10 X 8 inch piece of 12 oz cotton duck on which Russ, bless his heart, drew a willow tree! I wanted to bead a tree and, of course, I can't draw a lick. I was lucky enough to be the only student in class that day so Russ helped me out! In my little world it is like Picasso signing your check or something! With Russ' help it took me a little over an hour to get a couple of the roots beaded with Russ helping me with selecting the color of beads....oh, and actually finding the beads in his own stash of beads because, of course, I hadn't brought any.

Here she is.....

Photobucket

The arrows you see on the right side is Russ' reminder of the direction the sun is shining! I wouldn't have thought of that!
I left class with my piece and, clutched tightly in my hand, a little plastic bag with the beads in it.

A couple of close ups of the beading thus far. He wanted me to continue with it during this week and add more beads up the right side of the trunk. Unfortunately, I get a little sick to my stomach when I think about beading on it by myself so I am going to wait until he is there in the room with me again!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Stay tuned. I will continue to post my progress, or maybe lack of, here!

And, last, but definitely not least....

I watching football with Mini and happened to have my cell phone handy. She is quite the football fan and turned around to ask me to please be quiet. She was polite but, then, she always is. Joe would be proud of her!

Photobucket

No comments: