Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday! Beady-Eyed Bunch meets tomorrow!

We will be meeting at Vicki's house tomorrow and I am so looking forward to seeing everyone. We will miss Madeleine very much but she is on the other side of the continent right now.

Meanwhile - back to the flowers!! One of these days I will get tired of taking pictures of my flowers - probably next week when the temperature stays in the 90's and I'm just over it. Meanwhile....

They really really meant it when they said to plant Russian Sage 4-6 feet apart. Here are the two I planted last year all jammed up again the red cone flower. The flower bed is about 4-5 ft long. My first chore next year will be to move the sages. It is so much harder to dig a plant up and move it than to bring it home in a bucket and plant it.
Photobucket

Here the poor guys are from the side. Heck, I didn't even think they would live, much less thrive. I had never raised Russian Sage before.
Photobucket

One last Day Lilly picture for awhile - this is one of my favorites. I have two of them in the front of the house surrounded by the Stella d'Oro's and Hostas. Even in person they look like they glow from the inside. This picture was taken in the evening, with clouds, no sun. They are that pretty. They bloom in the middle of summer and I don't think they are rebloomers. This next 4 weeks is all I get.
Photobucket
I wish I remembered their name!
Photobucket

No comments: