Saturday, May 15, 2010

Tammy and The Bead

My Beautiful Sister-in-Law, Tammy, has been learning how to make lampwork beads - those are handmade glass beads. Am I ever happy about that! I am lucky enough to occasionally get one for a special occasion. Hooray for Tammy - keep it up!

She goes to a studio in downtown Indy - can't recall the name of it right now, though. It is a large studio and well equipped. This is a picture of the torch stations around a wonderfully large brushed aluminum table with excellent lighting overhead. I visited during a 'First Friday' studio tour and the beads in the foreground are made by the owner of the studio and are for sale.

Meanwhile, that is Tammy in the very middle!
Photobucket

A bead Tammy was working on at the time we visited:
Photobucket

Now she is putting 'stringer' (aka more glass) on it:
Photobucket

With any luck she will send a picture of the completed bead so I can post it here.

No comments: