Sunday, April 11, 2010

For the Beady-Eyed Bunch

I spent the day straightening up my little beading area and quickly took pictures before it imploded again. I saw the show 'Hoarders' and think I had better mend my messy ways! Do I really need to keep Rocky's collar from when he was a puppy and we visited Karen and Chuck in Barstow, CA? Rocky chewed through it and Chuck fixed it with glue. I'm thinking I can throw that away now! And the patches from my Judo gi? And much, much, more! My habit of saving every box I get in the mail is just simply over - although....you never know when you will need just the right sized box..... If I take them to the recycle center I'll bet I will need one right away!

This is my 'spot'. I have beads stored in the book shelves behind me and I usually use my bench to sort things out but this is my 'spot' for beading. Complete with doggie beds under the table. They were using them a lot in the winter but not so much now. Mini was a good footwarmer, Rocky just growls.

Photobucket

A bit more of a close up - I am watching www.ustream.tv/theowlbox from San Marcos, CA, on my little 10" laptop. So cool - I have seen the eggs hatch and now they are are white balls of fluff. Papa Owl (named McGee) brings in the food at night to Mama Owl (Molly) to feed the 4 owlettes. A cam on the outside of the owl box is what is on my screen in this picture. The best cam is the one on the inside of the box.Photobucket

And a picture of what I am working on now....above the pink light is a pile of projects to join/fix/join & fix. I have a few bead crochet bracelets going and still working on the cellini spiral bracelet. That spiral bracelet takes a long long time. It's very pretty but I'm not sure there will be another. Maybe one or two more - if you could only take one beading project on a trip this would be it. Once you get it started and get through the beginning rounds, it is very very simple.
Photobucket

And a close up of the spiral - just a round peyote with different sized beads - the smallest are size 15 and the largest are size 6.

Photobucket

A new project - I am stringing a crocheted bracelet with a silver line running through it. When I make patterns I have to string the beads in a certain order by hand, one at a time. This is 5 blue and 1 silver. It's a very simple pattern so doesn't take long. A complicated pattern can take a long time to string. If I am using a bead 'mix' I can use my trusty bead spinner and have it strung in a few minutes.
I am working on a piece of leather I have cut to the size of a salad plate - I love Corelle!
Photobucket

If any of the Beady-Eyed Bunch want to send me a picture of their workspace I will post it here!

No comments: