Saturday, April 3, 2010

Beady-Eyed Bunch - 3/20/10 Equinox Celebration, continued

Finally! Putting up pictures of our Vernal Equinox gathering. The next one is planned for June 20th or 21st or maybe the weekend after that one (can't remember - but it is near the Solstice!). I believe this one will be at Vicki or Madeleine's house.

Meanwhile.....Riley was the Master of Ceremonies and kept a watchful eye on us. I got a sense of disapproval of the disruption in his domain.

Photobucket

Since it was the Equinox the first thing we did was raid Peggy's refridgerator for her eggs and stand them on end. As we are very easily amused, everyone was excited that Bonani and Phyllis were successful:

Photobucket

Peggy even took a picture on her cell phone! She sent me the picture but I have now lost it - maybe she will send it again.

Yes!
Photobucket

Now for a fuzzy picture of the place Peggy prepared for us to bead. I don't have any clear pictures of the group so I will just post a couple here. It was a wonderful place to bead - very open, very light. Very good hostess!
Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Vicki's Bumps in the Road bracelet - very nice!
Photobucket

Madeleine's spiral project:
Photobucket

Peggy was working on a free form flat peytote bracelet. I can't wait to see how this comes out.
Photobucket

Madeleine playing 'Smash the Cat'. Photobucket

Madeleine and Vicki admiring a very nice scrapbook Peggy created.
Photobucket

Vicki learning how to use the jig to make ...well....'stuff'...and now flattening that same 'stuff'. We often make sure most weapon-like objects are not near Vicki but we all supervised her use of the hammer. No one was harmed in the production of this picture:
Photobucket

Bonani was working on a type of beaded 'sandle' that Mary would like to wear at her wedding on the beach. We hav been looking at the picture of a very expensive one and finally I believe we have figured out how to begin it and make the part that goes on top of the foot. Bonani probably has the anklet part finished by now. Mary is a lucky lady to have Bonani on the job!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Bonani's 5 inch heels on my feet. Why? Well, I have never worn heels that high and there were plenty of people to hold me up and/or pick me up when I fell....just seemed like the thing to do.
Photobucket

I worked on my Cellini spiral - tubular peyote with beads of differing sizes:
Photobucket

But then it was time to go.....Bonani got her shoes back
Photobucket

Madeleine starts limbering up for her run to Illinois...
Photobucket

Riley gave a sigh of relief:
Photobucket

Peggy performed the closing ceremonies:
Photobucket
Photobucket

And the Olympic Beading flame was extinguished until the Solstice....
Photobucket


Photobucket

No comments: