Sunday, September 27, 2009

Beady-Eyed Bunch!

I downloaded some free instructions for a simple peyote bracelet from Fusion.com. If you are interested in trying it here is the link for the picot edging: http://www.fusionbeads.com/beadingfaq/techniques.php?bfid=105. I downloaded the entire set of directions when it was posted on 5-18-09 and, since it was free, I will be happy to send you a copy. I don't find the directions on the website any longer, just the fringe. The directions include a list of supplies that, amazingly, are all available on Fusion's website! They say you should use a thread burner but that probably wouldn't work well for me. Here are the pictures - I didn't follow the directions exactly on the closing loop - it was too plain.

I made this one using the colors and material in the pattern on line
I used my own material on this one. The first one was too sparkly, this one is much more to my liking.

I won't be making any more of them. It was nice to try a little kit that I didn't make but I got tired of using the same bead for the length of the bracelet. But it was a good change from the usual beaded crochet!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh am lovin' the colors...you're gettin better at it.....LOL Yet to learn the peyote stitch.. can''t wait..unfortunately my 'instructors' are never available! But we went bead shopping last Thursday..Phyllis, Madeline and I...loved it!

Miss yah much
Bonani

Linda said...

Thank you Bonani! I am actually up to being able to put two colors together now. Thanks to my teachers!

Linda Lou said...

Apparently the comment section does not like apostrophes!