Sunday, August 16, 2009

Beady-Eyed Bunch!

Time to update for the Beady-Eyed Bunch. We had our last 'in-house' 'in-person' lunch meeting on Thursday. Laura couldn't make it and Bonani was still on the phones. Such a lame excuse Bonani - you put work before beading? Now that I am no longer manager I can say this: Where are your priorities, Girl?! However, we know I am just making that up - our priorities have made us the excellent unit we are. As long as 'enjoyment' is one of them.

Dale stepped in to take some pictures of us beading - thank you, Dale! Vicki and Peggy are learning the peyote stitch and starting a 'Bumps in the Road' bracelet developed by Bev Hermann of 'No Easy Beads' in New Orleans. Excellent picture of Phyllis, Dale!! I wish I had that one for my picture wall. But the wall is gone now - only Liz' photos of it are left. Nevertheless - this captures Phyllis' personality! Meanwhile, I am working on a bracelet this morning and am most unhappy with the way I have messed up the joining. It is a pretty bracelet but if you look to the left you will see that my pattern has gone awry and there is a bit of a gnarly mess with a couple of beads. Not something I am comfortable giving to someone!


I wonder if I can use this to fix it? It is odd-count peyote and I really don't like that stitch but it is so easy to 'zip' and make a cylinder out of. I saw this fix somewhere so I thought I would try it. I'll post my success or lack of success later.

No comments: