Sunday, July 5, 2009

I have tomatoes! And lots of Saguaro seeds

They are very small....very small. Not even as big as one of the little flowers. But they are there! I am so proud. These are my very first tomatoes. Mom and Dad's don't count - they are the tomato King and Queen. This one was grown from one of those $1 Target kits that included a little pot, a little bit of dirt, and the seeds. There are more exciting and important things in the world but maybe not right at this moment!

Now for the Saguaro seeds - I have lots of them. Lots and lots. We could have our own Saguaro National Forest with this many seeds. I have made up little packets for the folks at work, and the GA and CA friends, who want to try to raise them. The rest are going back to Bob. It was a lot of work to get them clean and dry and I don't want to waste them!

They are tiny. It is hard to believe that those huge Saguaro grow from these tiny little seeds. I have been reading that they need to be sheltered under a 'nurse cactus' in order to get enough moisture to grow. I guess we will be those nurse cacti for them. Good luck to us!

No comments: