Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Independence Day!


Can't let the 4th go by without posting something. This summer my favorite topic has been my landscaping - so I will post the pictures I took of my back yard yesterday.

Rocky is ahead of me and 'inspecting' things. I have put in every plant and flower (and the fence) over the last 4 years. It had nothing when I bought the house. It is starting to look nice - it should look very nice when it matures.
The back of the house has been difficult - the a/c sits out in the hot sun. I have been planting some screening for it - Black-Eyed Susans, Day Lillies, and a Clematis this year. I lost a Black-Eyed Susan over the winter and am thinking about what I should plant in it's place. For now I just have an upside down pot to mark it's place. I think I will get a trellis so the Clematis can climb up between the two windows. If it lives through the winter I will do that next Spring.
And the dreaded Box o' Wood fence! The grasses are growing very well and the Korean Spice Bushes are doing well - the fence should be fairly well disguised in a year or two. The hostas I planted along the tree line have all survived the deer and are growing well.
Have a safe 4th of July!

No comments: