Wednesday, July 22, 2009

3:00 a.m. above the Arctic Circle, August, 1988

I took this picture on my last day/night in Kotzebue. It was 3 a.m. when my friend Lynne and I had been picking Iris's and taking our last pictures together. The sky was filled with the colors you probably see here. Sunsets in AK last for a long time and have incredibly brilliant colors - just like this. There are also fishing nets spread out to dry below the anchored boats. This is on the shore of Kotzebue Sound which is part of the Chukchi Sea.

I scanned this sometime in the 90's but don't remember when. I think I have the negatives and it occurs to me I should try to see if someone can image it into digital form. I don't know what made me think of this picture but I decided to put it here - blemishes and all!

Lynne - do you remember this?!

No comments: