Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Garden

My garden is much smaller than Bob's. It fits into one window at work. But it has plenty of sunshine and high hopes. My little tomato seeds sprouted 2 seedlings over the weekend and now has 7 more! It was one of those little $1 pots and seeds at a big box store. Who knew it would really grow? The chives I bought for $1 are doing very well, too.

First, a picture of my jade plant. His name is Peter but only Fragilia knows why that might be. He has had lots of baby jade plants and there are 7 more growing in the window now. Only one baby jade is left from the original bunch of starts. The others have found their forever home. I may keep this little guy - he promises to be prolific. Kind of like Peter! Debra just adopted some basil (also below) and Baby Jade into her office in St. Louis. Ah - my two little tomato sprouts! Now there are seven. I am of the opinion that I can grow actual tomatoes in our windows at work but there are many naysayers. Only time will tell but I will keep you posted here.
I did not know that it was almost impossible to raise Rosemary from seed. Here is one little sprout out of 7 pots I tried to start.
And some darned nice looking Basil from seeds - I used the peat pots that can be planted right in the ground. Most of these will go to home on Mother's Day but I will try to raise one in the window. Who knows? Might work! It sure is liking the window so far!
A picture of my tiny little tomato and chive sprouts. Not bad for $1!

Lots more little jade plants growing.
Yes, this is where all of the excitement happens!! My little duck watering can was donated by Tina (thanks, Tina!). It has a spout in the bill but no hole in the top so water can't shake out. It is filled in the, ahem, rear part.

No comments: