Monday, January 14, 2013

For the Beady Eyed Bunch - starting a Garden

It's going to get cold again, we have enough pictures of birds....what else to do but post some beadwork for the Beady Eyed Bunch!

I have been following this bead artist for quite some time.  She has an amazing talent with bead design - from flat work to shaped objects - she has a blog, a website, and is on Facebook.  She has now placed a FREE pattern on the internet, one that I have been hoping to learn.....here are some pictures from her website of the piece:

Photobucket

Photobucket

And the beads in the center are new beads called - you guessed it - gumdrops!

A Beady Eyed Beader would want to cruise her blog:
http://www.kerrieslade.blogspot.com/

AND - her website:
http://www.kerrieslade.co.uk/

Maybe download her free pattern: Photobucket


I started it last night and am 3 petals in! It isn't hard, the Beady Eyed Beader Bunch know all of the stiches I think. The only stitch I am not sure we have practiced is the 'brick stitch' aka 'Comanche stitch' but it is a very old stitch and if you google it you will find lots of examples. I can tell you this - it's much easier than Ndebele!!! Here is my effort so far:

Photobucket

Happy Beading!

No comments: